The Monash University Postgraduate Association (MUPA) was founded in May 2007 with the aim of being the recognized means of communication between postgraduates students and the academic and administrative authorities of the university.
How can you become a member of MUPA?
All PhD, Masters, and others enrolled in postgraduate programs, whether full-time, part-time, or on exchange, are members of MUPA.
How can MUPA help you?
- MUPA facilitates two-way communication between postgraduate/honours students and the academic and administrative authorities of the University. The association can help you make representations on personal concerns or collective grievances that you may face at your school or on the campus-level.
- MUPA provides forums for postgraduates to express their needs, problems and wants. It also provides avenues to discuss and share problems you may face as a postgraduate/honours student.
- MUPA provides a friendly ground for postgraduate and honours students from the different schools to mingle
- MUPA helps the different schools, the library, and the administration with orientation processes for postgraduate/honours students.
- MUPA encourages forums on Facebook so that postgraduates/honours students can express their concerns using a friendly approach.
- MUPA organizes monthly icebreaking events and get-to-know sessions to provide postgraduates/honours students with an avenue to mingle.
- MUPA organizes outings and trips for all postgraduates/honours students and in some instances, for their family too!
How can i get involved ?
- Add us on Facebook to join the MUPA community and be informed of upcoming events of MUPA as well as events on campus that may be of interest to you.
- Volunteer to help MUPA organize our on-going activities (volunteer for an area – welfare, education, activities, publicity, and editorial).
- Serve as postgraduate representatives at committee meetings.