PhD, School of Science
- Official spokesperson of MUPA
- Responsible for the day to day management of the MUPA Executive Committee (EC)
- Raise/follow up issues pertaining to Postgraduate Students welfare to the right authorities
MUPA Vice Presidents
PhD, School of Pharmacy
Amardeep Singh Dhillon
PhD, School of Engineering
- Organize seminars for education, research and career development of the Postgraduate Student community
- Organize forums for discussion of issues related to Postgraduate Student welfare
- Works closely with the MUPA President and assist the him/her where required and necessary
PhD, School of Information Technology
- Preparation of agenda for all MUPA EC meetings
- Record and maintain minutes of every MUPA EC meetings
- Preparation of letters and documents for MUPA EC members in general for the purpose of MUPA where required and necessary
Nusrat Tarannum Choudhury
- Preparation of the annual budget for MUPA
- Responsible for keeping a detailed record of the day to day financial transactions of MUPA
- Responsible for keeping a detailed financial record of all MUPA projects
- Preparation of financial documents for review and approval
MUPA Activities Manager
- Organize major social events for the Postgraduate Students
- Liaising with the relevant members of the MUPA EC in order to expand, develop and co-ordinate the range of social activities for the Postgraduate Students
- Provide recommendations to the MUPA EC on ways in which MUPA could better co-ordinate its activities for Postgraduate Students.
MUPA Publicity Executives
- Responsible to promote events and activities sponsored, provided, or endorsed by or through the MUPA EC
- Management of marketing and publicity announcement
- Associating with external parties whose relationships will be beneficial to MUPA
- Responsible for editing, supervising, monitoring and managing the official MUPA website regularly throughout the academic year
- Officially promoting the MUPA Elections, Extraordinary General Meetings and referenda in accordance with the regulations
MUPA Welfare Officers
Mohammad Al Imran
- Engaging in policy formulation, liaison, initiatives and action on any matter concerning the social and economic welfare of Postgraduate Students
- Promoting the spread of knowledge of welfare issues among Postgraduate Students
- Responsible for the upkeep of the Postgraduate Lounge
- Act as an advisory role and support to the MUPA EC
- Provide strategic advice, information and administrative support to the MUPA EC
- Works closely with the MUPA President and reports directly to the MUPA EC
- Reviews the MUPA Constitution and suggests necessary amendment(s) where required and necessary
MUPA School Representatives
- Responsible in acquiring feedback on the current issues and concerns from the Postgraduate Students within the School and to report them in the MUPA EC meeting
- Responsible in liaising with the School Course Coordinator and/or Research Coordinator on Postgraduate Student matters/issues where the nature requires it to be resolved within school level first.
- To represent MUPA in any school based committees to discuss and highlight any relevant and key issues which concern the welfare and experience of Postgraduate Students
Back to top
MUPA International Student Representative
Vidana Gamage Gayan Chandrajith
PhD, School of Science
- Responsible to liaise with the Vice President regarding school-based issues concerning international students.
- Responsible to represent the views of MUPA in any school-specific forums and discussions.
- Responsible to consider issues relating to the quality of education and research, international student welfare and rights of international Postgraduate students from the respective schools.
- Responsible to initiate school-based activities and events for the purpose of improving the international Postgraduate students’ experience at the University.
- Responsible to develop and maintain communication with the international Postgraduate students of the respective schools.